Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Luxe


The Luxe by Anna Godberson

Published by Harper Books


Summary: The book is set in New York 1900’s. It is full of long, elaborate, fancy dresses. In a time when beautiful women, handsome men, huge houses, balls and gossip reigned supreme. The story is told from five different perspectives; Elizabeth, Diana, Carolina, Penelope and Henry. All of their stories are intertwined in a huge mess. In this, the first book, the mess is just beginning. Carolina is a maid to Elizabeth and is fired by her. Elizabeth gets engaged to Henry, who is Penelope’s man. Penelope is the supposed best friend of Elizabeth. Diana is Elizabeth’s sister who is secretly in love with Henry.

Personal Review: This book is full of drama! It will keep you guessing until the very end. I personally loved this book. I could not put it down and it kept me wanting more. The writing is so beautiful and descriptive. I felt like I myself was taken away into a different world. I really enjoyed this book. The drama is around every corner, while not being too overhearing. I would highly recommend this book to everyone.

WARNING: A lot of drama. Scandalous affairs. Occasional smoking and drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment