Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Split Image


Split Image

Mel Glenn; HarperTeen


Summary: Laura Li is an immigrant from China. The whole book is in poems and each poem is from a different person somehow involved in Laura Li's life. It goes through the challenges she faces trying to fit in in America. She becomes an assistant to the librarian and gains many friends and some enemies from her position. She is judged by so many and it comes to the point where she cannot take it anymore.


Personal Review: I found this book to be very interesting. It was not one of my favorites, but it was good in a different sense. First of all this is a book I would have never read, but after reading it I feel like I have learned a different perspective of life. It really opened my eyes to a larger more diverse world.


WARNING: Mild language, teen parties, drugs

No comments:

Post a Comment